The PE Huddle is Back! View the Most Recent Webinar: “Dynamic PE ASAP Secondary Units and Lessons; Creating a Curriculum”
This unit has been specifically designed to meet all five components of the SHAPE America National Standards for Physical Education.
The student will:
1. Juggle one, two, or three scarves as directed by the instructor.
2. Work cooperatively with peers during the High Five Introductory Activity.
3. Demonstrate agility and speed in the Triangle Tag Game
4. Demonstrate balancing in a variety of positions during the Balance Tag.
5. Demonstrate cooperation with peers during the Snowball Relay game.
6. Demonstrate agility, starting, stopping and stretching skills during the Move and Stretch Activity.
7. Demonstrate agility and dodging skills during the introductory activities.
8. Demonstrate cooperation and agility during the Pentabridge Hustle Introductory Activity.
9. Execute balancing positions, running, and dodging skills during the Balance Tag Introductory Activity
10. Participate in strengthening and stretching exercises, in the Fitness Challenge Course Circuit, Parachute Rhythmic Aerobic Activities, Interval Training Activities, Four Corners Fitness activities, and Continuity Exercises.
11. Participate in “Marking” demonstrating agility and quickness.
12. Demonstrate cooperation with peers while playing All Aboard.
13. Demonstrate fair play and sportsmanship while playing Circle Hook On
14. Execute forehand and backhand strokes
15. Execute proper form of the forehand clear shot demonstrated by teacher.
16. Demonstrate the forehand smash and drop shots using form demonstrated in class.
17. Execute the backhand clear shot on the court using form demonstrated in class.
18. Execute the backhand drop shot on the court using form demonstrated in class.
19. Execute the forehand shots on the court using form demonstrated in class.
20. Perform the Badminton Forehand Clear Shot as demonstrated by the instructor.
21. Demonstrate forehand net drop using form taught by instructor.
22. Demonstrate serving on the court aiming for the hoops on the floor and using form demonstrated in class.
23. Demonstrate the forehand drive and drop shot during a rally activity with classmates.
24. Read the Rules Handout distributed by the instructor.
25. Practice underhand, forehand and backhand shots on a court using appropriate task sheets.
26. Practice the forehand smash to a target on the court using appropriate task sheets.
27. Execute skills and knowledge of rules while playing Badminton Doubles.
28. Play Singles Badminton with a partner demonstrating knowledge of rules of the game.
29. Play Badminton in a Round Robin Tournament during class executing skills and rules demonstrated in class.
30. Complete a Badminton Written Knowledge Exam during class and scoring 70% or better.
31. Complete a Badminton Skills Test working cooperatively with a partner during the class period.