This unit has been specifically designed to meet all components of the SHAPE America National Standards for Physical Education.
Upon completion of the two-week unit, the student will:
1. Grip the lacrosse stick while jogging 10 yards witching the stick from the dominant to the non-dominant hand 5 times.
2. Correctly identify critical components of cradling, throwing, and catching ground balls while running when asked by the teacher.
3. Scoop and cradle the lacrosse ball and carry it 10 yards 3 out of 10 times.
4. Demonstrate proper technique of cradling, throwing/catching, ground balls and shooting on the run in the assigned area.
5. Catch the lacrosse ball using his dominant and non-dominant hand while jogging 3 out of 10 times.
6. Demonstrate 3 different ways of shooting.
7. Demonstrate shooting and scoring with the non-dominant and dominant hand 3out of 8 times.
8. Demonstrate throwing an accurate pass 4 out of 10 times to a running player/target.
9. Demonstrate the goaltending stances.
10. Demonstrate defending and stopping 3out of 5 shots.
11. Recognize a dangerous offensive player’s position and communicate the information to his/her teammates 4 out of 7 times.
12. Demonstrate comprehension of the rules of Lacrosse by passing the test with a 70% minimum score.
13. Demonstrate communicating to other students game situations with a chance to score 3 out of 10 times.